This is based on the wonderful list, “Spiritually Literate New Year’s Resolutions” created by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, though I’ve re-envisioned it to be used year-round for anyone wanting to live a Quantum Life.
Say aloud and in your heart’s mind (and mind’s heart) the following:
- I live in the present moment. I will not obsess about the past or worry about the future. I know that with quantum practice I have access to entering and making whatever changes I wish in the worlds of past and future, for I live in the eternal present.”
- I cultivate the art of making connections—cosmic connections, local connections. I pay attention to how my life is intimately related to all life. I become the friend of nature and preserve her beauty and harmony wherever and whenever I can.
- I am thankful for all the blessings in my life. I spell out my days with the grammar of gratitude. I speak forth my gratitude: “Thank you for this food and all who worked to bring it forth. Thank you, Grandma, wherever you are, for teaching me how to cook.”
- I practice hospitality in a world where too often strangers are feared, enemies are hated, and the other is shunned. I see no one as other. I welcome guests and even people with very different ideas from mine with graciousness, with deep seeing of the fullness and wonder of the other.
- I seek liberty and justice for all. I will work for a free and a fair world, a world that works for everyone.
- I add to the planet’s fund of goodwill by practicing little acts of kindness, brief words of encouragement, and manifold expressions of courtesy.
- I cultivate the skills of deep listening. I will cross the great divide of otherness. I remember that all things in the world want to be heard, as do the many voices inside of me.
- I practice reverence for life by seeing the sacred in, with, and under all things of the world. Everything exists within the field of the sacred.
- I give up trying to hide, deny, or escape from my imperfections. I listen to what my shadow side says, but I will not just live there. I know that I am releasing many of these old forms, these old shadows, and I am bringing in light to banish shadow and to bring me into luminous light and life.
- I am willing to learn from the spiritual teachers all around me, however unlikely or unlike me they may be.
* * *
If you found this inspiring, go here to listen to Dr. Jean Houston’s free, audio seminar, ‘The 3 Keys To Discovering & Living Your Life’s Purpose’